Thursday 24 December 2009

Anybody got a Christmas tree?

'Cos the Bentons do!

Merry Christmas!

Just a quick little something for Christmas Eve! I hope those of you who celebrate have a wonderful and joyful Christmas! To those of you who don't celebrate, enjoy your Friday! ;)

It's a white Christmas in Sullivan!



Bare feet too. Charlie's totally hardcore. At the same time, Jack was building a snowman in the back, also in his pyjamas. Kids!

Josie would not put this thing down!

So Josie's happy with her DS, the boys love their new toys and Zelda adores her earrings.

Tate though - he's not impressed with the Cosby-esque sweater from Zelda but she's making him wear it anyway.

He soon forgets about what he views as a sartorial mistep and is in his element in the kitchen. He whips up a delicious turkey, along with a strawberry cheesecake for dessert.

Tate's brother, Trent and his family have arrived to join the Bentons for Christmas lunch.

Yes, Trent scrubs up pretty nicely, Megan!

Lighting the final candle on the Advent wreath - this requires applause and cheering, of course, because they're Sims.

They almost fit around the table.

Everyone except the hosts, and poor Megan, that is.

This Christmas was the first time Leontine has had all six of her grandchildren under the one roof.
Claudia and Victoria - possibly the last pic I'll take of them as teens! *sniff*

Notes:
  • Title is from a line in Rag and Bone by the White Stripes. It's not a Christmas song but it's a song that makes me silly happy every time I hear it and I couldn't resist!
  • If you're a nitpicker like me, suspend your disbelief briefly and pretend this update takes place outside of the regular Sullivan calendar. I generally do Sullivan on the southern hemisphere calendar, which means Christmas would really be taking place in the summer.
  • This is the first time I've ever done Christmas in my game and it was actually quite fun! Decorating was not nearly as tedious as I assumed it would be, because I just put up a few little things. I didn't even need to change everyone back into their regular clothes or take the decorations down (which is, in my opinion, one of the most tedious parts of RL Christmas) because I just exited without saving!

10 comments:

  1. Such a nice update :) It all looks so festive, almost makes me want to have Christmas for my sims too!

    That's a good idea to exit without saving! Stripping down the christmas decorations is such a bore.

    Merry Christmas to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute update, the twins look different for some reason-I'm not sure why, but Claudia looks different, maybe it's her hair or makeup.

    I love the wreath as well-is that the holiday sp? I didn't know that those sweaters and leggings came for teens (the one that Victoria is wearing) I have them for adults, but not teens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how cute! Merry Christmas, Carla. It's a shame we won't be getting a white Christmas here, just a rainy one... though I can't imagine what it's like to have a warm Christmas like you folks do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this was really cute! LOL at Tate and his Cosby sweater! ;)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! I'll reply quickly before I go do the family thing. ;)

    Apple Valley, I haven't changed Claudia or Victoria since they were 12, apart from their clothes. It must just be angles or lighting that's making them look different to you.

    I don't have the holiday pack, so no, the wreath is not from there. All the Christmas stuff in this update is from MTS2 (bar the Maxis Christmas tree, which is still using a recolour from MTS2). There are also some hanging stars that I have no idea where I got.

    Victoria's sweater and leggings are by Xandher at TSR, just like the adult versions. LOVE them!

    Mao, having a warm Christmas is generally just uncomfortable. You can get warm if you're cold but past a certain point, it's harder to get cool if you're hot. We might get a rainy Christmas too this year. Not especially warm either, for summer in Sydney. The forecast is for 24C/75F though and it's already that warm at 9am, so maybe it will be hotter. As long as it doesn't get to 35c/95F like it did a couple of years ago, Christmas Day and I will get along fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    "As long as it doesn't get to 35c/95F like it did a couple of years ago, Christmas Day and I will get along fine!"

    This is something, I can say honestly, that has never crossed my mind! I'm well aware that the Southern Hemisphere is opposite, and have done some studies on some environments even, but I've never correlated the season with holidays! 95 degree Christmas would be crazy weird!

    We don't usually get snow in time for Christmas here, but this year it skated in by a few hours (my daughter and son's biggest wish for the holiday!) they were tickled.

    I thought you did have the holiday pack with all your gorgeous holiday decorations! I just got that one, and two other packs for Christmas. (so now I have them all).

    Poor Tate getting the sweater! He really didn't look too impressed, but I was impressed with his culinary skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWW! This was so cute. Love when your families get together! Just darling.

    LOL at that very last thought! If only in real life we could exit without saving, huh? Then the decorations would clean themselves!

    And I loved the shot of the girls at the end. Both of them are looking very sly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maisie, thank you! I'm glad you got a bit of snow for Christmas. I'd love to have that but I'll only ever have it in game! It would truly be a miracle if it snowed here for Christmas (and the whole city would shut down too - no one is at all prepared).

    I sort of boycotted the holiday pack because of that stupid Baby New Year thing! He creeps me out! I've got all the stuff packs except that one, and Family Fun Stuff.

    Lunar, thanks, it was lots of fun too!

    Claudia and Victoria do look sly in that last picture! They pretty much are, so it suits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cosy and lovely, and they have snow:envy those sims so much!
    It looks like one proper family Christmas and that everyone enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speechless, thanks! I think I enjoyed it as much as the Kirbies and Bentons did. :D

    ReplyDelete