Monday 19 October 2009

Suffragette

Round 21: Winter 2014


Arianna Weaver is 59, Liam is 51, Jonas Lachance is 36, Tatiana is 31, Jacob is 13, Dominic is 4 and Audrey is 2.
(Patience is 12)
Narrated by Tatiana Lachance

Jonas and I got some good news this winter - I'm pregnant! I'm due in autumn next year.



There was no need to announce it to Jonas. It announced itself when I burst in on him in the shower almost every morning.

We almost waited a while before having another but this way, Audrey will be 3 by the time this little one is born. We're both happy that the kids will be close in age.

Neither Dominic or Audrey have been really difficult toddlers so that's influenced our decision too.

And the fact that Dominic is starting kindergarten next year! I'll be his teacher, so he'll still be with me all day but I'll still cry, I'm sure, just because he's growing up so fast!

Speaking of growing up, I think Jacob might have a little girlfriend!

I spotted them kissing the other night in the front yard.

He brings Patience home from school just about every day but it seems pretty innocent. They mostly just talk and watch TV.

Pregnancy is taking its toll on me! I got the fatigue with Dominic and Audrey too but it seems much worse this time.

Maybe it's because I didn't have two toddlers to chase after last time! I'm glad Jonas and I are doing this while we're young because it's tiring enough now.

Jacob is really great with his little niece and nephew! He's always happy to take them off my hands for a little while when I need a nap.

Jonas is finally getting to design video games now, which is what he's always wanted to do. I'm really happy for him - he's so excited about it.

I'm excited for myself too. He's been coming home so late and working weekends for so long. He's on a much more regular schedule now, so we'll get to spend more time together.

He's getting to spend lots more time with the kids, which is taking some pressure off me.

And he's helping me fix my car. He was the one who wrecked it. I told him hundreds of times that I didn't mind but he still feels bad about it because he knows how hard I worked on it. So we've been fixing that up whenever we have some spare time.

Dominic is fascinated by the car! I don't know if it's safe for him to be out there with the sparks flying and everything but if he hears one of us working on it, he comes running out in seconds!

Random pic:
Random because Arianna and Liam do keep their lovemaking to the bedroom and do not traumatise other members of the household with it!

But anyway, Arianna rolled the "Woohoo Right Now" ROS, which would have been much more interesting if she was single. It was kind of funny that she and Liam were woohooing right now twice a day, without my direction. I directed them to do it anyway, just to fulfill the ROS officially.

They were also rolling lots of date wants, so they did a lot of that too.

This is not Arianna and Liam. This is not Jonas and Tatiana. It's Jacob and Patience! I'm mostly pretending it didn't happen because they're 12 and 13 years old but my God! They attempted to woohoo 4 times and this was the one time I wasn't able to catch them before they went at it. They're quite sneaky, these teens!

Notes:
  • Tatiana did actually witness Jacob's first kiss but she's either just out of frame or it's too dark in the background to see her. She strolled into shot a mere second later, so she was definitely there somewhere!
  • I'm so excited for another Lachance baby! I'm really hoping for a boy, for gender balance purposes.
  • Seeing Dominic toddling towards the car reminded me of something - shouldn't Sims wear safety goggles or something while they're working on the car? Don't people do that? Is it becoming quickly apparent that I've never worked on a car in my life? LOL.
  • Jacob and Patience are "going steady". I wouldn't have allowed it because Patience is only 12 but they both had the want so I let them. What is with all my teens getting the want to go steady? Not unusual for a Family Sim like Jacob but Patience is Fortune, as are both Finn and Victoria.

7 comments:

  1. I have to say I'm amazed by your ability to update consistently. I'm trying to get up to your level

    What are you going to do about Patience and Jacob? Are you going to write it in or pretend it didn't happen?

    I love the body hair overlays I must say

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know teens do stupid things, so we'll just chalk the woohoo up there ontop of the mountain of stupid. LOL Hopefully they will be together for a while after this. You should include this.

    Side note: I was messing around in SimPE and looking at memories. Now I wonder can we delete the ones we don't want or will that really mess up the game? And if you can delete them will it be as if it never happened?

    Another baby! Yay! I hope it's a boy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob and Patience, oh my! Maybe one of them needs some adjusting on their ACR?

    I can't believe Tatiana's in her 30's already. Sim time passes so fast. And a third baby! You know, I think pregnant sims are super cute too. And well, I love Tatiana already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I just had a couple of my teens (non-playable playables) throw their V-cards to the wind without my permission too. Mine are sixteen years-old though, so that's a bit better - still reckless though!

    I'll be counting mine towards the story. Like Riverdale said, teens do stupid things. But man, twelve!!! I guess it's been known to happen at 12 for some kids! (Crap, they're just kids!!! OMG! LOL!) But you know, it's been known to happen.

    I just found on the new ACR that their tokens have an option called "woohoo not allowed" and I'm trying that out on one of my teen couples who aren't currently doing it yet. Have you seen that option yet?

    There's a lot of lovin going on in this house! Yay for new babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading everyone!

    Heredon, I update frequently but I also don't get enough sleep! I don't stay up late just to blog but if I wasn't doing that, I'd be doing something else up late. I'm terrible!

    Riverdale, the only way Sims know things have happened is through memories and gossip (this is a major flaw in TS3 - no memories). So yes, if anything dire happened that you really, really didn't want to write in, you could delete the memory and it would be as if it never happened. It doesn't seem worth it though. In this case, say, I'd have to delete Patience and Jacob's memory and also check everyone else's memory panel to see if they had gossip markers for it. And I mean everyone!

    Lunar, I am kind of blown away that Tatiana is 31 now too! And she'll be 32 by the time Baby Lachance #3 is born. Jonas is going to have to let go of his hair gel soon because he's getting up there in age too.

    Now onto Patience and Jacob...I am planning to write it in. Somehow! I just decided that Tatiana wouldn't know about it. I don't think she'd be the type to suspect that her 13 year-old brother is having sex, especially seeing she was 20 when she lost her virginity and I think she'd have a fairly rosy view of the world. And it has the added bonus of buying me some time to think about how to write it in!

    So I'm thinking of ways to get this into the story (because kids do do stupid things!) and I keep telling myself that there are 12 and 13 year-olds having sex out there in the real world and then I think "But they're so little!" I'm just glad it happened on Jacob's lot because Patience isn't on any birth control.

    Laura, I did see the "woohoo not allowed" thing and I'll probably be enacting that for all my 12s and 13s from now on! I never think about it for teens but I will be now, you can be sure! I can't imagine it'll be something I want to happen again in my hood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! I think I am getting caught up. Sorry I didn't comment, but there was a lot to catch up on. You've been busy, LOL!

    OMG, I think I would freak out is teens supposed be 12 and 13 got busy. I try to keep an eye on my teens, but they've gotten away from me, too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mao, nice to see you again!

    I definitely did freak out about Jacob and Patience! I think my exact words were "No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" I'm usually keep pretty good track of my teens but this is a busy household, with two toddlers and four adults as well as Jacob.

    ReplyDelete