Wednesday 8 April 2009

Ain't gone and open

Round 15: Days 71-75

Narrated by Brandon Kirby

Not much to speak of here on the farm. Tate and Trent are off at college, so I'm usually packing crates for the market by myself.

The market, while we're on the subject is still doing well. I don't usually need to even go in, because my manager Jonah is more than capable. I go in anyway though. I like meeting my customers and being hands on with my business, just like my Dad was.

The farm has become somewhat of a menagerie lately. We're training Jeannie to be a movie star.

Well, I am. I don't know what Leontine is doing with her.

We've got plans to get another dog and Leontine also bought a kitten on a whim. Collette Sitko had two for sale and when I came home from work one day, Da Vinci was curled up on an old pillow we use for pets. She's pretty cute.

It wasn't long before she was a full grown cat and we've got her working in Show Business too.

Our boys have come to visit a few times since they left for college. It's always good to see them but I think they both need to start caring for themselves a bit better.

When they both parked themselves in front of the TV as soon as they greeted us, I started to understand what the problem might be. I never went to college but when Leontine was there, she said they had coaches roaming the campus, looking for unfit students and forcing them to exercise. I wonder what happened to that.

We did finally manage to drag Trent off the couch to eat some lunch with us.

We could barely get Tate away from our parrot though. I don't think he was ever all that interested in him when he was living at home.

Finally, we've got a new member of the family. Gaelic is our new Staffy and we're quite fond of him. And yes, you guessed it - we have him working in TV and movies too!


Notes:
  • A very short update this time! I actually didn't find playing Brandon and Leontine as boring as I thought I would but still, not a lot happened.
  • Tate and Trent are both overweight and neither of the lazy bums has any motivation to get fit. That's family Sims for you.
  • Speaking of the twins, one of them will move back in at the beginning of Round 16. Not sure which one. Trent was the frontrunner during high school but I'm not so sure now.
  • I think Leontine has had 2 pets reach the top of a career. One that died and Jeannie. I'm wondering if there's a loop hole with this LTW, like there is with businesses. I wonder if you can just get two pets to the top of the three different careers and still have it count. I might ask around or experiment. If any of you know for sure, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I've never successfully completed the want, but given the wording of the tooltip, I'd say it has to be an individual pet? Worth a shot, though!

    I rarely ever have sims lazy enough to stay unfit! My sims need more lazy. :b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really try to meet the sims' LTW - but good luck with trying to meet Leontine's - so can't really help with your problem.

    The animals are so cute - I'm rethinking not getting pets. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure on that LTW, but I'd give it a try. I mean, with the want to marry off six kids it sounds like you must have six kids, but that's not the case.

    As for this entry, lookit all those pets! SO CUTE! I need to have someone start a pet store I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you not have the Pets expansion, Simstate? If you don't think you'd use pets very often or that they'd be a quickly abandoned novelty for you, I might not bother. There's not much non-pets related stuff in that pack.

    I don't always try to meet LTWs - if I think it really doesn't fit the Sim or if it's going to be too much trouble, I'll ignore it. I was ignoring Leontine's for a long time, actually. I usually get bored with the empty-nesters though, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete